Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lots Going On

I am a little behind on this blog. I had a hectic week last week. Charlie for the first time since coming home from Children's Mercy came down with something. He was running a fever, as high as 103, and had to be taken to the Emergency Room once and the pediatrician twice last week. As quickly as his illness came, it disappeared. He is much better now, no fever, no stuffy nose, no long bouts of crying. For that I am really really thankful. We will be headed back to Children's Mercy on Thursday to get his immune system re-checked. They will be counting t-cells, and checking to make sure they are working properly. I have been anticipating this appointment since the day they told me about his lack of thymus. Keep your fingers crossed, your positive energy directed this way, your prayers in our direction, that Charlie's t-cells are growing stronger, working well, and that we will not have to be prisoners in the confinds of our house much longer. Did you know he has never been in a public place that was not medically necessary, like the doctor's office? He has been in the open air, like to the park with Marley or on a walk, but never to Target, Wal-Mart, or even a restaurant.
Also last week, one night after I took Charlie to the ER, I spent the next evening in the ER with a dear friend(who attended the birth of Charlie) while she heard word that she was experiencing a miscarriage and that her baby no longer had a heartbeat. I was going to be present at this baby's homebirth to photograph it's first breath, but sadly those dreams were lost. I will still be there for my friend's next birth, but we are mourning the loss of this baby.

Meanwhile, I took a few new photos of my kidlets, after Charlie started feeling better.


3 comments:

  1. I love you, Megan. Thank you so much for being there for me through this time. I'm praying for Charlie's health! He is the cutest babe, and I have no doubt that he is just getting stronger. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Megan & Steve,
    We are all sending our thoughts and best wishes your way. Marley is getting more beautiful every day and Charlie couldn't be cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable, love charlie's little mohawk.

    ReplyDelete